If you live in Humboldt County, your electricity generation service was automatically transitioned to RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program in May 2017.
PG&E continues to maintain the poles and lines, remedies power outages, and sends you a single consolidated bill. So the only difference you’ll notice might be a slight decrease in your electricity bill. RCEA’s charge IS NOT an extra charge on your bill, it simply replaces PG&E’s charge for electricity generation.
You have the power to choose with RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program.
Visit our Service Options page to:
- Stay with our default electricity service called REpower, which costs slightly less than PG&E and contains a slightly higher percentage of renewable energy.
- Opt up to our premium service called REpower+, which is 100% renewable energy and costs just $0.01 more per kWh.
- Opt down to our default service if you had previously opted up to 100% renewable.
- Opt out of the program and remain a “bundled customer” of PG&E.
- Opt back in to RCEA’s service if you had previously opted out.
The choice is yours. There’s absolutely no fee to opt up, or to opt out.
For more information:
- Understanding Bills
- Time-of-Use Transition
- Financial Assistance
- ¿Qué es CCE?
- Learn more about RCEA’s Community Choice Energy Program
- RCEA’s Net Energy Metering program. If you have a solar system on your home we will credit or pay you at favorable rates for any surplus electricity you produce.
If you’re currently enrolled in any of PG&E’s various discount programs, such as CARE, FERA, or Medical Baseline programs, your coverage continues under Community Choice Energy. You don’t have to do a thing.
QUESTIONS? Call 1-800-931-7232