Public Safety Power Shutoff (PSPS) Resources
PG&E may need to turn off power during severe weather to help prevent wildfires. This is called a Public Safety Power Shutoff. During a PSPS, Redwood Coast Energy Authority will continue providing resources to assist our customers.
- To receive PG&E PSPS notifications and alerts via email, phone call, or text visit PG&E’s Public Safety Power Shutoff page here. Review and update your contact information here under the “PSPS Alerts” tab. Resources for those with medical and independent living needs are available here.
- Call 211 – Help line for customers
- California Response Page – Features PSPS, wildfire and additional information.
- Statewide Prepare for Power Down Website
- Emergency Supply Kit Checklist
- Community Based Organizations (CBO) and advocates
- Visit PG&E’s Safety Action Center for more helpful hints about preparing for PSPS events.
- Find resources from Humboldt County’s Office of Emergency Services here.
- Please visit the Humboldt County Office of Emergency Services Facebook page for information pertaining to evacuations, wildfires, power outages, and more here.