The Redwood Coast Energy Authority is involved in community events throughout the year, including fairs, festivals, expositions, workshops, presentations, benefits, and more. Check back regularly and consider signing up for our newsletter.
Help plan Humboldt County’s energy future
The Redwood Coast Energy Authority is updating its guiding strategic document and is seeking your input in the process. Look for workshops to attend in the coming months and submit your written comments.
- Thursday, August 29 – Draft 1 CAPE Workshop, Eureka. 5:30 p.m., at the Humboldt Bay Aquatic Center, 921 Waterfront Drive, Eureka. Refreshments will be served.
- Tuesday, September 3 – Draft 1 CAPE Workshop, Orleans. 5:30-7:30 p.m. Panamnik Building, 38150 Highway 96
- Thursday, September 5 – Draft 1 CAPE Workshop, 5:30-7:30 p.m. Redway Elementary School, 344 Humboldt Ave.
- Wednesday, September 25 – Offshore Wind Project Workshop, 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Wharfinger Building, 1 Marina Way, Eureka
- Thursday, September 26 – RCEA Board of Directors meeting. 3:30 p.m. at the Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District Office, 828 7th St., Eureka
- Thursday, October 17 – Draft 2 CAPE Workshop. 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Aquatic Center in Eureka. 921 Waterfront Drive
- Friday, October 18 – Forests, Energy and the Environment, 1:00-4:00 p.m. at the Aquatic Center in Eureka. 921 Waterfront Drive
Thursday, October 24 – RCEA Board of Directors meeting. 3:30 p.m. at the Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District Office, 828 7th St., Eureka
- Tuesday, October 29 – Community Advisory Committee reviews the CAPE, 6:00 p.m. at RCEA’s office, 633 3rd St. Eureka
- Thursday, November 21 – RCEA Board reviews the CAPE at 3:30 p.m. at the Humboldt Bay Municipal Water District Office, 828 7th St., Eureka
RCEA’s Comprehensive Action Plan for Energy (“CAPE”) details strategies specifically addressing regional energy planning and coordination, programs for energy customers, low-carbon transportation, and energy generation and utility services.
The energy landscape in Humboldt County has changed over the past seven years, and strategies within RCEA’s original 2012 Comprehensive Action Plan for Energy need to be updated to align with this new landscape. The updated plan, which will include RCEA’s goal of 100% clean and renewable electricity by 2025, will include input from current countywide Climate Action Plan development and community outreach.
RCEA is updating high-level strategies for smart energy use, growth and security, incorporating several of the agency’s other strategic timeline planning documents into the CAPE, and developing quantitative targets including RCEA’s power mix make-up for the next ten years.
Submit your comments during the CAPE draft development and comment period schedule below. For more information on the calendar and workshops, contact the Redwood Coast Energy Authority at (707) 269-1700.
Meeting agendas, schedule updates, and additional details are on our Planning page
Comments can be emailed directly to EnergyPlan2019@redwoodenergy.org