RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program brings you cleaner, lower cost electricity on one consolidated bill. The charges you see on your PG&E bill are split into two categories:
- Electric Delivery Rates—PG&E delivery rates are identical for all customers, whether or not they’re enrolled in CCE.
- Electricity Generation Rates—Generation rates vary slightly, depending on which CCE service level you choose. Our standard REpower product costs slightly less than PG&E’s electricity, and it’s higher in renewables. Our premium REpower+ product costs slightly more.
REpower is our standard electricity service level. All eligible Humboldt County customers are automatically enrolled at this level of service, which is:
- Lower cost than PG&E’s current electricity generation charges.
- Higher in renewable power than PG&E’s mix.
REpower+ is our premium product, perfect for those who want to reduce their carbon footprints more dramatically. You can Opt Up to REpower+ at any time; just visit our Options page or call us at 1 (800) 931-7232. REpower+ service is:
- 100% renewable
- Costs just $0.01 per kWh more than the standard REpower rate (usually about $5 per month for an average family who uses 500 kWh)
RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program rates replace PG&E’s rates for electricity generation on your bill, so there’s an extra page in your bill that details our generation rates.
The fees that PG&E charges CCE customers are accounted for when RCEA sets rates to be lower than PG&E.
- A complete list of RCEA’s current residential rates
- Historic Residential Rates:
- PG&E and RCEA Joint Rate Comparisons: www.pge.com/cca Look on the right side of the page for the list of PG&E and CCA rate comparisons. Scroll down to “RCEA comparisons” and click on the PDF links below.
Rates for the Community Choice Energy program are set by the Board of Directors at regularly scheduled meetings and are open to the public.