RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program brings you cleaner, lower cost electricity on one consolidated bill. The charges you see on your PG&E bill are split into two categories:
- Electric Delivery Rates—PG&E delivery rates are identical for all customers, whether or not they’re enrolled in CCE.
- Electricity Generation Rates—Generation rates vary slightly, depending on which CCE service level you choose. Our standard REpower product costs slightly less than PG&E’s electricity, and it’s higher in renewables. Our premium REpower+ product costs slightly more.
REpower is our standard electricity service level. All eligible Humboldt County customers are automatically enrolled at this level of service, which is:
- Lower cost than PG&E’s current electricity generation charges.
- Higher in renewable power than PG&E’s mix.
REpower+ is our premium product, perfect for those who want to reduce their carbon footprints more dramatically. You can Opt Up to REpower+ at any time; just visit our Options page or call us at 1 (800) 931-7232. REpower+ service is:
- 100% renewable
- Costs just $0.01 per kWh more than the standard REpower rate (usually about $5 per month for an average family who uses 500 kWh)
RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program rates replace PG&E’s rates for electricity generation on your bill, so there’s an extra page in your bill that details our generation rates.
The fees that PG&E charges CCE customers are accounted for when RCEA sets rates to be lower than PG&E.
- A complete list of RCEA’s current residential rates
- Historic Residential Rates:
Rates for the Community Choice Energy program are set by the Board of Directors at regularly scheduled meetings and are open to the public.