RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program partners with PG&E to give you cleaner, lower cost electricity and a single, consolidated bill. The charges you see on your PG&E bill are split into two categories:
- Electric Delivery Rates—PG&E delivery rates are identical for all customers, whether or not they’re enrolled in CCE.
- Electricity Generation Rates—Generation rates vary slightly, depending on which CCE service level you choose. Our standard REpower product costs slightly less than PG&E’s electricity, and it’s higher in renewables. Our premium REpower+ product costs slightly more.
REpower is our standard electricity service level. All eligible Humboldt County customers are automatically transitioned to this level of service, which is:
- Lower cost than your current PG&E electricity service
- Higher in renewable power than PG&E’s mix.
REpower+ is our premium product, perfect for those who want to reduce their carbon footprints more dramatically. You can Opt Up to REpower+ at any time; just visit our Options page or call us at 1 (800) 931-RCEA. REpower+ service is:
- 100% renewable
- Costs just $0.01 per kWh more than the standard REpower rate (usually about $5 per month for an average family who uses 500 kWh)
RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program rates replace PG&E’s rates for generation on your bill, so you’ll see an extra page in your bill that details our generation rates. PG&E also levies additional fees on CCE customers. All of these are included when we present cost comparisons.
RCEA and PG&E are working together to bring you Community Choice Energy. Even our billing efforts are combined—you’ll only get one bill (from PG&E), which will include RCEA generation charges.
RCEA and PG&E are working together to bring you Community Choice Energy. Even our billing efforts are combined—you’ll only get one bill (from PG&E), which will include RCEA generation charges. There won’t be any duplicate charges.
Below is an E1 sample bill, which most Community Choice Energy customers receive:
Examples of bills with different rate schedules:
- Electric Vehicle Customer “EVA” Example Bill
- Residential Customer “E1” Example Bill
- Commercial Customer “A1” Example Bill
- NEM Example Bill
We understand that even a small change can be confusing. Please call or stop by if you have any questions. We’d be happy to walk you through your bill so you understand the benefits and your choices.
Rates for the Community Choice Energy program are set by the Board of Directors at regularly scheduled meetings that are open to the public.