RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program partners with PG&E to give you cleaner, lower cost electricity and a single, consolidated bill. The charges you see on your PG&E bill are split into two categories:
- Electric Delivery Rates—PG&E delivery rates are identical for all customers, whether or not they’re enrolled in CCE.
- Electricity Generation Rates—Generation rates vary slightly, depending on which CCE service level you choose. Our standard REpower product costs slightly less than PG&E’s electricity, and it’s higher in renewables. Our premium REpower+ product costs slightly more, but it’s 100% renewable.
REpower is our standard electricity service level. All eligible Humboldt County customers are automatically transitioned to this level of service, which is:
- Lower cost than your current PG&E electricity service
- Higher in renewable power than PG&E’s mix.
REpower+ is our premium product, perfect for those who want to reduce their carbon footprints even further. You can Opt Up to REpower+ at any time; just visit our Options page or call us at 1-800-931-RCEA. REpower+ service is:
- 100% renewable
- Costs just $0.01 per kWh more than the standard REpower rate ($15 per month for a typical small business using 1,500 kWh per month).
RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program rates replace PG&E’s rates for generation on your bill, as illustrated on the RCEA generation page of your bill. PG&E also levies additional fees on CCE customers. All of these are included when we present cost comparisons (PDF).
- A complete list of RCEA current NON-RESIDENTIAL rates (PDF)
- Historic Commercial Rates
- January 2021 (PDF)
- October 2020 (PDF)
- August 2020 (PDF)
- May 2020 (PDF)
- March 2020 (PDF)
- October 2019 (PDF)
- July 2019 (PDF)
- June 2019 (PDF)
- March 2018 (PDF)
- January 2017 (PDF)PG&E and RCEA Joint Rate Comparisons: pge.com/cca Look on the right side of the page for the list of PG&E and CCA rate comparisons. Scroll down to “RCEA comparisons” and click on the PDF links below.
- Net Energy Metering program
- TOU (Time-of-Use) Rate Plans (via PG&E’s website)
Rates for the Community Choice Energy program are set by the Board of Directors at regularly scheduled meetings that are open to the public.
RCEA and PG&E are working together to bring you Community Choice Energy. Even our billing efforts are combined—you’ll only get one bill (from PG&E), which will include RCEA generation charges.
RCEA and PG&E are working together to bring you Community Choice Energy. Even our billing efforts are combined—you only get one bill (from PG&E), which includes RCEA generation charges. There aren’t any duplicate charges.
Below is an A1 sample bill:
Examples of bills with different rate schedules:
- Electric Vehicle Customer “EVA” Example Bill (PDF)
- Residential Customer “E1” Example Bill (PDF)
- Commercial Customer “A1” Example Bill (PDF)
- Net Energy Metering Example Bill (PDF)
Please call or stop by if you have any questions. We’d be happy to walk you through your bill so you understand the benefits and your choices.