PG&E collects payment for RCEA electric service
In recognition of financial hardships some customers may be facing, and consistent with PG&E’s suspension of power disconnections for not-payment, RCEA will not take action on late payment for electricity services during the current COVID-19 crisis.
Our cleaner energy is helping you meet your business sustainability goals, and our prices help your bottom line.
If your business is in Humboldt County, your electricity generation service was automatically transitioned to RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program in May 2017.
PG&E continues to maintain the poles and lines, remedies power outages, and sends you a single consolidated bill. So the only difference you’ll notice might be a slight decrease in your electricity bill. RCEA’s charge IS NOT an extra charge on your bill, it simply replaces PG&E’s charge for electricity generation.
You have the power to choose with RCEA’s Community Choice Energy program:
Visit our Service Options page to:
- Stay with our default electricity service called REpower, which costs slightly less than PG&E and contains a slightly higher percentage of renewable energy.
- Opt up to our premium service called REpower+, which is 100% renewable energy and costs just $0.01 more per kWh.
- Opt down to our default service if you had previously opted up to 100% renewable.
- Opt out of the program and remain a “bundled customer” of PG&E.
- Opt back in to RCEA’s service if you had previously opted out.
The choice is yours. There’s no processing fee to opt up or to opt out.
QUESTIONS? Call 1-800-931-7232