The Redwood Coast Energy Authority Board of Directors established a Community Advisory Committee (CAC) to support RCEA public engagement efforts and to provide decision-making support and input to the RCEA Board.
The CAC can have up to 15 members. Eleven are appointed by the RCEA Board, and four additional members were added through an open application process that was voted on by the full RCEA Board. CAC members serve 2-year terms, and all CAC members live in Humboldt County.
CAC meetings are held quarterly. Additional CAC meetings are held to address specific topics or situations as needed.
CAC meetings are open to the public and are held at 6 p.m. on the second Tuesday of the first month of each quarter at RCEA’s office, 633 Third Street in Old Town Eureka. (Exceptions are being made during the COVID-19 Shelter-in-Place order and are being held on zoom)
Current Community Advisory Committee:
- Arcata: Norman Bell
- Blue Lake: Kit Mann
- Eureka: Katy Gurin
- Ferndale: VICE-CHAIR Dennis Leonardi
- Fortuna: Elizabeth Burks
- Rio Dell: Roger Hess
- Trinidad: Richard Johnson
- HBMWD: Amin Younes
- County 1: Luna Latimer (Eastern Humboldt)
- County 2: Matty Tittmann (Southern Humboldt)
- County 3: Tom Hofweber
- Four at-large:
- Jerome Carman, Eureka
- Colin Fiske, McKinleyville
- CHAIR Larry Goldberg, Trinidad
- Pam Halstead, Eureka
- Board Liaison: Director Stephen Avis, Ferndale
Get Meeting Notifications
Subscribe to our Board of Directors, Community Advisory Committee or Board Finance Subcommittee meeting mailing lists by clicking the button below. Agendas are published 72 hours before regular meetings, or 24 hours before special meetings. Subscribe to our general RCEA News and Updates list, using the “Sign-Up” button at the very bottom of this page.
January 14, 2020
April 14, 2020
July 14, 2020
October 13, 2020
- Regular Meeting Agenda (via Teleconference)
- COVID-19 Notice:Following California Executive Office and Humboldt County Health Officer’s shelter-in-place and social distancing orders, the RCEA Community Advisory Committee July 2020 meeting will be held via teleconference. RCEA offices will be closed for this meeting.
To watch the meeting:
- Go online to https://us02web.zoom.us/j/89326716621
- Listen to the meeting by phone at (669) 900-6833 or (253) 215-8782.
- Enter webinar ID 893 2671 6621 #.
- Email PublicComment@redwoodenergy.org. Include the agenda item number in the subject line.
- Comments may be limited to ≈ 500 words and must be received by the meeting date.
- Comments received after the item’s discussion will be included in the meeting record.
- If participating online, raise your hand during the public comment periods to speak. You may be limited to 3 minutes each.
- If participating by phone, press star (*) 9 to raise your hand. You will continue to hear the meeting while you wait.
January 8, 2019
April 9, 2019 –
July 9, 2019 –
October 8, 2019 –
October 29, 2019
November 12, 2019
December 3, 2019
December 10, 2019