New Electric Vehicle Charging Stations in Arcata
RCEA partnered with the City of Arcata to install four new electric vehicle charging stations at the Arcata Community Center. They’re open to the public now and can charge up to 8 cars at once.
We continue to expand local EV charging infrastructure because of the environmental and economic benefits and positive impacts on our community.
- Communities with charging infrastructure are taking a decisive step toward cleaner air by shifting as much local driving as possible to zero-emission electric vehicles.
- EVs charging at RCEA’s stations are powered by RePower+ 100% carbon-free energy.
- EVs are cheaper to fuel and maintain than gas cars.
- EVs raise awareness of major changes that are happening in the transition to clean, alternative transportation modes.
- EVs support environmental justice by reducing transportation pollution in neighborhoods.
- EVs help us achieve our climate change goals and build sustainability.
The goal of RCEA’s Transportation Program is to support the use of low-carbon fuel vehicles in Humboldt County. Visit our EV page for more information, including available rebates.