The Redwood Coast Energy Authority has installed 20 Level 2 electric vehicle charging station installations at nine new sites in Humboldt County. This is our North Coast Plug-In Electric Vehicle Charging Network, which you can learn more about under the Services menu.
- Increase Plug-in Electric Vehicle (PEV) travel in the North Coast region and thereby reducing greenhouse gas (GHG) emissions from vehicle miles travelled.
- Establish the first phase of a locally controlled, affordable, and economically sustainable network of EV chargers in the North Coast region.
- Demonstrate a non-profit EV network administrator business model that includes:
- cost recovery for site hosts providing electricity for EVs
- maintenance of a network administration and operations fund to ensure network reliability
- a reasonable pricing structure aimed at offering lower local "fuel" costs for EVs as compared to non-EVs on a dollar per mile basis.
- Develop a hardware and software application concept designed to address the issue of fairness for EV charging and non-EV parking in an environment of parking scarcity at St. Joseph Hospital.